We provide a free, fair, and independent service to investigate and resolve land access disputes in Queensland.

If you have a Conduct and Compensation Agreement (CCA) or Make Good Agreement (MGA) and believe the other party has breached the conditions, we can help to solve your dispute by:

  • providing an opinion on the facts of each party’s position
  • advising a way forward
  • making recommendations based on the facts and circumstances of each dispute.

To do this, we give both parties the opportunity to discuss their concerns and take time to understand the issue without taking sides.

We aim to resolve disputes quickly and efficiently, with as little formality as possible.

Our services are free to all parties and legal representation is not required. This means that you avoid the stress and cost of the legal process. We can also travel to you if needed.

Both landholders and resource companies can refer disputes to the Land Access Ombudsman.

For more information

Download the LAO Fact Sheet (PDF, 266.6KB) to find out about of what we do, how we do it, and how to contact us if you need help

Last updated: 09 Dec 2022