Are you a party to a Conduct and Compensation Agreement (CCA) or Make Good Agreement (MGA) in Queensland?

Do you believe the other party is not complying with their obligations under the agreement?

Are you unable to resolve the issue with the other party?

If you answered yes, then we can help.

How to refer a dispute

Step 1: Contact the other party

Before you refer a dispute to us, you must make a reasonable attempt to resolve the dispute with the other party.

This could involve:

  • attempting, at reasonable times, to contact the other party to discuss the dispute via phone, email, or in person.
  • participating in a non-binding, dispute resolution process such as a case appraisal, conciliation, or mediation.
  • using, or attempting to use, the dispute resolution process in your CCA or MGA.

However, you do not have to follow the dispute resolution process in your agreement before seeking help from us.The Land Access Ombudsman Act 2017 protects you from legal responsibility for referring a dispute to us. We can help you if you can show us that you have made a reasonable attempt to resolve the dispute with the other party, in some other way.

We recommend you keep records of your contacts with the other party.

For more information, please read our procedural guideline PG1: What is a reasonable attempt to resolve the dispute (PDF, 142.4KB).

Step 2: Refer your dispute to the LAO

If you have not been able to resolve the matter with the other party, you can refer the dispute to us.

Refer your dispute online

Alternatively, you can:

You cannot refer a dispute to us on behalf of another person. The party to the CCA or MGA must make the referral themselves unless that party is a person with impaired capacity. If you wish to refer a dispute on behalf of someone with impaired capacity, please call us for assistance.

Last updated: 07 Jul 2022