About CCAs and MGAs | Land Access Ombudsman

Our office will be closed from 12:00pm Monday, 24 December to 8:30am Wednesday, 2 January.
To contact us, email enquiries@lao.org.au and we will be in touch on our return.

1800 717 550 (freecall)

Land Access Ombudsman

Our service is available to both landholders and resource companies who have an existing conduct and compensation agreement or make good agreement.

A conduct and compensation agreement (CCA) is a legal contract between owners or occupiers of private land and resource authority holders that details how certain resource activities will be conducted on a property. It also ensures landholders are properly compensated for the effects and impacts of authorised activities.

A make good agreement (MGA) is a legal contract entered into by a resource tenure holder and a bore owner about a water bore. It requires resource companies to ‘make good’ any impacts on water bores that are, or are likely to be, impacted by resource activities.

  • For more information about MGAs, please refer to the helpful resources available on the GasFields Commission website. These resources apply to mining as well as petroleum and gas resource activities.

Last updated 13 Nov 2018